AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a DAV-DX250 system (DVD player and home theater together) and in that I have a few BOSE speakers plugged-in (replacing the original sony ones for Left/Right and Center).

Now that I am thinking of shifting towards getting a Blu-ray DVD player, I have started looking into different receivers which I think I will need to buy.

I have run into some fundamental issues now:

1. The Bose speaker terminals (as are the Sony ones) fit fine into this system. To explain this, what I mean is the end of the speaker wire which goes into the DVD/Receiver system is one of those pluggable kinds (not the banana terminals) but they look like this (If you take a look at page 16 of the DVD manual here, you'll know what I am talking about - Link ) So basically these fit in fine with my current setup. These wires came with the speaker. The speaker end of it has one of those Red/Black Spring loaded (or push kinds) of terminals.

But the problem that arises is that all of the common receivers I am seeing online, they don't accept a terminal like this. They seem to accept the circular (component?) cables.

So now I am in quite a fix as to how do I go about migrating from this system to the other while salvaging my Bose speakers.

I plan on getting rid of the rest of the system but want to be able to use my Bose speakers with a new receiver and a compatible blu-ray player.

Hope I was able to explain my situation clearly...otherwise let me know if something still seems muddy here. I would very much appreciate your help in getting this sorted out!

Thanks!

·
Registered
30,788 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawizard /forum/post/16916405

Hi,

I have a DAV-DX250 system (DVD player and home theater together) and in that I have a few BOSE speakers plugged-in (replacing the original sony ones for Left/Right and Center).

Now that I am thinking of shifting towards getting a Blu-ray DVD player, I have started looking into different receivers which I think I will need to buy.

I have run into some fundamental issues now:

1. The Bose speaker terminals (as are the Sony ones) fit fine into this system. To explain this, what I mean is the end of the speaker wire which goes into the DVD/Receiver system is one of those pluggable kinds (not the banana terminals) but they look like this (If you take a look at page 16 of the DVD manual here, you'll know what I am talking about - Link ) So basically these fit in fine with my current setup. These wires came with the speaker. The speaker end of it has one of those Red/Black Spring loaded (or push kinds) of terminals.

But the problem that arises is that all of the common receivers I am seeing online, they don't accept a terminal like this. They seem to accept the circular (component?) cables.

So now I am in quite a fix as to how do I go about migrating from this system to the other while salvaging my Bose speakers.

I plan on getting rid of the rest of the system but want to be able to use my Bose speakers with a new receiver and a compatible blu-ray player.

Hope I was able to explain my situation clearly...otherwise let me know if something still seems muddy here. I would very much appreciate your help in getting this sorted out!

Thanks!

Replace the wires. Standard speaker wires will fit your speakers' spring-loaded terminals and can be screwed down under the circular knurled posts of standard receivers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/16916560

Replace the wires. Standard speaker wires will fit your speakers' spring-loaded terminals and can be screwed down under the circular knurled posts of standard receivers.

Thanks. So I won't need a banana-plugin converter for the generic speaker wires then...

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawizard /forum/post/16917662

Thanks. So I won't need a banana-plugin converter for the generic speaker wires then...

You don't need banana plugs, but..............

Some banana plugs from Monoprice, Impact Accoustics or Parts Direct could be beneficial depending on what receiver you get. Some have the binding posts rather close together so space is a premium. Also, banana plugs virtually eliminate the possiblity of stray wire strands.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts