AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a test DVD available with a frequency sweep at the maximum possible volume level that can be recorded on a DVD? I'd like to locate a test track like that so that I can identify the maximum volume level that my system can safely produce (in a worst case scenario) without the amplifier clipping. I'm assuming that a frequency sweep specifically recorded at the maximum possible volume would let me do this. I'd also love to have a CD that does the same thing.

Thanks in advance for the help!

· Registered
7,822 Posts
Oh *good* idea! Induce clipping intentionally! :rolleyes:

You own stock in a tweeter company?

· Banned
5,866 Posts
Or you could use the volume control to adjust the output. And only a fool would output sine waves at the maximum level possible.

Perhaps use soft clipping feature in poweramps (NAD) and the THX subwoofer peak limiter in THX units to protect your gear.

Or you could buy some JBL Pro cinema speakers, your hearing will go before inducing clipping.

I guess it's a good way of "accidentally" requiring a complete new speakers system.

"Oh wifey I just blew all my speakers up, I'll need to buy them new flagship speakers I've been drooling over"

:-D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.