AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A family tradition for us has been to watch the Rose Bowl Parade each Jan. 1. As a new HDTV owner, (without OTA-antenna capability right now) I was wondering if I might look forward to Mark Cuban and his wonderful HDNet doing coverage of that parade in HD...across satellite ? Anyone know of any plans there?:cool:

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I believe I'm correct in saying they did it last year, so it wouldn't be a big surprise for them to do it this year. The only interference may come from DiscoveryHD, which already has announced it will broadcast the parade in HD.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
In 1947 KTLA (currently the WB affiliate in LA) first telecast the Rose Parade, they were first with color coverage in 1955 and first with HDTV coverage in 1999.

Last year, HDNet also picked up the coverage. As XFactor points out, Discovery HD will be carrying the parade in January, so HDNet's carriage becomes a question.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Who cares about the parade...

What about the Game? Go Cougs!

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I don't think they operate on "exclusive" rights because I believe that both CBS and FOX (or was it NBC ???)...anyway two major networks covered it concurrently.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I was watching Smallville on KTLA last night and they had an advertisement for their Rose parade coverage. In the commercial where they displayed the date and time it also said "Available in High Definition". I believe this is the first time I have seen a programming ad that mentions HD. This is a good step.

Rick R

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just checked TitanTV and not that that is an authority but they have ABC, NBC, and CBS broadcasting the Rose Bowl Parade in HD. Unfortunately none of the New Year's Day games are listed as such :( I'm still holding out hope for the Sun Bowl! Maybe the real Rose Bowl will be in HD (USC v. Iowa). Nahh.

Fletch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.