AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I purchased a sanyo 55 inch 120hz led-lcd tv. When I play video games on it it lags so i searched and found turn off the motion sync. That did fix the lag. But my question is am I turning of the 120hz and turning it into a 60hz tv or is the motion sync just something to help the 120hz refresh rate? Basically is the motion sync the only way the tv gets 120hz? Thank you in advance ive tried searching google high and low but could not find a true answer.

P.S Here is a link to the tv i have

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sanyo-55D33-55-1080p-120Hz-D-LED-HDTV/32260733

·
Registered
7 Posts

When you turn off the the 120hz motion sync off you are making your tv 60hz. You are reducing the amount of input lag because your tv interpolates and adds frames in between frames to make it 120 hz. That extra processing time creates the input lag. I always suggest leaving 120hz off, especially for gaming. the "120hz" wont help your games at all unless its native 120hz (which most tvs are not) and your playing a game at 120 frames per second. So for most cases 60hz is your best bet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Because true 120 hz is better. But most "120hz" don't accept 120hz signals. They only take 60hz and add frames to make 120 frames. This is supposed to reduce but but most TVs do a terrible job and cause more problems than good. Computer monitors that are 120hz are actually 120hz and require a game that runs at 120fps or more. TV's don't really work the same way, plus console games are never more than 60fps so more than 60hz is really useless.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillagorillap  /t/1523867/question-sanyo-dp55d33-120hz-motion-sync#post_24520123

Because true 120 hz is better. But most "120hz" don't accept 120hz signals. They only take 60hz and add frames to make 120 frames. This is supposed to reduce but but most TVs do a terrible job and cause more problems than good. Computer monitors that are 120hz are actually 120hz and require a game that runs at 120fps or more. TV's don't really work the same way, plus console games are never more than 60fps so more than 60hz is really useless.

Thank you for explaining.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm thinking about getting this tv. With only $600, its definitely affordable.
3 HDMI inputs, great for my Direct TV, PS4. Xbox One and optical input for future/sound bar or whatever.
I see a lot of good reviews on this tv, but just the 120 refresh rate. Is only down fall

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.