AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if this is the appropriate place for these topics? We have two whole other forums on this board devoted to just this subject.

Wouldn't it be better to devote this forum mainly to the gaming aspects of the PS3 and keep the movie topics to the Blu-Ray forums?

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
There is a forum for movies already, no sense in having BR movie threads in two places.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Anyone buy Resident Evil: Apocalyps yet?

·
Registered
127 Posts
there's a BR software section in the forums. no need to split it between two sections.

·
Registered
7,802 Posts
Keeping this thread to gaming is a good idea. I frequent this thread because I usually find some information regarding movie play back in here.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi /forum/post/0

I'm wondering if this is the appropriate place for these topics? We have two whole other forums on this board devoted to just this subject.

Wouldn't it be better to devote this forum mainly to the gaming aspects of the PS3 and keep the movie topics to the Blu-Ray forums?

Absolutely. (edit - meaning film and BR discussion should be primarily in the BR forum)

AVS is a home theater and A/V oriented forum not a "gaming forum". The gaming forum on this site is a sub area for people who are using their home theaters for gaming. Another area is dedicated to BR and HD-DVD software and hardware.

From the general post quality more people need to realize that this is a home theater and A/V site and spend some time in other forums here. Maybe they will develop an interest in home theater aside from their recent console purchase or maybe they will realize that although people enjoy gaming on this site it is not a "general population gaming forum" but rather a niche sub-forum for those interested in home theater who also enjoy playing games.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Seeing as how the PS3 is a multimedia gaming console, it makes sense every aspect of what it does or can do should be openly discussed here. I agree Blu-ray v. HDDVD definately belongs elsewhere but if we are talking about blurays in relation to how they function etc. with the PS3 then it should be here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.