AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently switched from DirecTV with a Mits HD-R400 receiver to Dish with a 6000/8-VSB module. Since the switch I've seen a couple of problems that I didn't see with my Mits:

- On WLS-DT when graphics are being shown, such as weather tempratures or closing credits, any vertical lines in the graphics are not smooth, it almost looks like a saw tooth pattern where every other scan line is longer then the other.

- WMAQ-DT sometimes shows up on 29-1, it's real channel vs. 5-1, then magically comes back again. Also it sometimes takes a long time for the channel to tune in, we're talking 10 to 15 seconds.

Never saw these problems with the Mits and my signal level is in the mid 80's to lower 90's using OTA, not cable. Are others seeing this problem or is my 8-VSB module in need of replacing? Thanks - Rick

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been having the same problem recently with the 29-1, channel 5 switch which is really annoying becuase I lose it in my favorites. I also noticed since Saturday, May 12, 29-1 started taking forever to tune it since they had that HD playoff game.

------------------

Eric S.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Channel switching issue has been a problem for a few weeks now..I suspect its not the E*6000, but a data misconfig with WMAQ.

As for the 'sawtooth' problem on your video, go into the HDTV setup on your E*6000 and adjust the screen centering for your HDTV picture..you should see the picture line-up with the out-of-phase lines causing your sawtooth image.

------------------

--Sclaws--

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by --Sclaws:
As for the 'sawtooth' problem on your video, go into the HDTV setup on your E*6000 and adjust the screen centering for your HDTV picture..you should see the picture line-up with the out-of-phase lines causing your sawtooth image.

Thanks much for the fix, it did correct the problem. When I called Dish about this the answer I was given was that it's a problem with the station, not the 6000. I was also told that the signal level must be >90% for OTA HTDV reception.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.