AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off this is my first post and i must say i have learned so much from reading on this site. So i figured where else to ask a question. I have a HTPC with a Silverstone CP-3 Case with the 7" touchscreen. I have the touchscreen and my main Monitor ( 67" 1080p DLP ) Samsung. When i have it on the touchscreen the screen size is perfect. On my Samsung however, There is a small border around the screen. Now i have tried from what i read on other post by doing a overscan underscan. When i do that though the only screen that shows any changes is the touchscreen but nothing happens to my Samsung. I have my HTPC running through my Sony 5200ES. Is there a way to make it so it fills the entire screen ? It is a drag when i am watching a Widescreen edition of a movie since it boxed even smaller. I am running a ATI card. Also i am limited to 8 drives in my case. What is my best option to add more drives once that is full ? I use My Movies with my HTPC for Dvds as well as Blu Rays. I have read on here that external usb drives are no good for storing movies. So what would you all recommend. I have a love for blu ray so it eats up HD. Thanks for any and all help everyone. I am still new to the HTPC game but learning much from you all thanks again

Keith

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
try overscan, either through the video card settings or with your tv zoom function, try to oversize the screen so it stretches outside the tv view area, basically cropping off the outside edge.

you will barely notice it unless you are on the desktop.

eight drives? you have storage for eight drives and you are worried about space?

grab some 1.5tb WD green drives, and add them as needed...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.