AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone, i am going to have a monster cable avs 2000 voltage stabilizer in the front of my room about 17 feet from my projector. if i buy a nice extra long power cable for my infocus 4805 would this be a problem and counter act any advantage of using the power stabilizer because of the length of the cable? anyone doing this, even if your using a different product richard gray, ps audio, etc., please chime in...

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone? c'mon guys no one care to answer this simple llittle question, how about someone telling me if they ever ran an electrical cord longer than the one that came with there projector? if so how long without any degradation of picture...

·
Registered
20 Posts
i cant see any major problem, as long as you're using a well-shielded cable, and route it away from any other power cables in the wall. the voltage stabilizer will do its job stabilizing your voltage, but with a long stretch of power line, there is the possibility of introducing noise.

basically, if you dont use a shielded cable, all you did was buy an extremely expensive surge bar - you proabably wont see any benefit from it.

all i did, was purchase monster's cheap subwoofer direct outlet mount surge protector - its only $80 cdn, offers stage 1 filtering (basic noise filtering), and decent surge protection, and it mounts directly to an outlet, so its great for projectors.

·
Registered
185 Posts
You should not have any problems.

I hooked up my X1 via a long power cord to a Monster power strip with stage 2 filtering and it got rid of the pesky ground loop rolling bar effect (the common ground with the cable tv via the coax protection may be part of the solution too) and seemed to clean up any noise. While the longer power cord may invite a little noise, I cannot tell so I'm happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.