AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I watch even the SD programming through the HDD200s component video outputs? I just don't want to connect the

s video from the Navigo 401(or the HDD200) to my TV.

Regards,

vellanr

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Not sure if I understand your question completely but I'll tell you what I do. If you are asking will the SD get line doubled and sent out the HD outputs on the HDD-200, I have never used mine that way. I use only the DB9 connection for the HD into the HDD-200 and get only HD channels out on my HD video connections. I have never tried (or even looked) for an S-Video connection on the back of the HDD-200 so I am not sure what you mean. I have read on some forums that there is a lousy line doubler in the HDD-200, and that would indicate there is an S-Video input connection to the HDD-200, and your idea may work. Comments I have read in the Delphi forum indicate you may not be happy with the results from the line doubler in the HDD-200. I haven't looked for S-Video connections on the HDD-200 and I am not at home, so I can't check. Sorry I can't help you more, but I just haven't even tried to use mine that way. I use a Proceed AVP for switching all normal and S-Video in my set up. I use separate Extron switches for the HD video from my various sources.

------------------

jm in Boulder

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Even though this doesn't answer your question, I must agree with JM.The scaler,doubler or whatever is absolutely terrible.I've seen it in action on two different sets and was very dissappointed,so even if you could do it you might not want to.

Shawn

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Yes, you can do it, but I agree that it's absolutely horrible!

Leave the 401 connected to your TV via S-Video and connect a composite cable from the 401 to the HDD (otherwise you won't see the IPG).

------------------

John Golitsis

Next Big Thing Electronics

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
www.nbtelectronics.com

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
vellanr

I noticed the other posters were from Canada. Just to clear things up, I posted from my 'fake' American address, obviously to be using a 401 I must have a Canadian address.
http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------

jm in Boulder

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me elaborate on my question. If I connect my 401 to the HDD200 with the db9 cable, set the HDD200 to output 1080i and connect the hdd200 to my TV via component outputs and the digital out from the HDD200 to my dolby digital receiver, can I watch and hear all programs(HD&SD)?

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vellanr:
Let me elaborate on my question. If I connect my 401 to the HDD200 with the db9 cable, set the HDD200 to output 1080i and connect the hdd200 to my TV via component outputs and the digital out from the HDD200 to my dolby digital receiver, can I watch and hear all programs(HD&SD)?
Now that I understand your question, the answer is no. You will only get the HD channels on the HDD-200 HD outputs if you only connect the DB9 connector. You have to connect the S-Video output of the 401 to the HDD-200 to use its line doubler to get the rest of the channels. I have never tried it as I said before, but the reports are that the line doubler is terrible.

------------------

jm in Boulder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.