AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got any comments about this auction?

I say be careful and proceed with great caution!

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Someone either got the deal of the century there, or got ripped off in a big way.

I hope that it's the former.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hmm. Let's see. The seller first registered on May 22. The auction is a private auction so communication between buyers/lurkers is reduced. The seller has no feedback whatsoever. I'll bet this is a wire transfer only type deal.

If it is legit I'll bet the projector was stolen sometime in it's history.

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Herve
Anybody got any comments about this auction?

I say be careful and proceed with great caution!
Yeah, quit looking to eBay to solve all your HT projector needs! If you cannot get a good deal from someone one AVS, from a contact yielded through someone on AVS, or through the Kwon exchange, forget it.

I could sell you the same projector for $1995.00, but I would also make sure you never get anything but an empty box and a TransUnion receipt of transfer.

Oh, and a nice Thank You!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured there'd be some comments!

I tried contacting the seller by telephone, but the person who answered had never heard of the seller's "name", nor did they know anything about a projector on eBay.

I hope no one got stung by this.

Many reputable private parties and businesses sell stuff, including projectors, on eBay. I guess this case illustrates the downside of what can happen in a "free market".

·
Registered
5,574 Posts
If you look at the item, the seller (who only recently registered) has a "-1" feedback. This means: only one comment and it is negative.

The one comment is from the buyer, who complains that the money must be sent to Spain!

I sent him (the unfortunate buyer) an email advising him to be careful.

Bob Smith

·
Registered
164 Posts
yeah...i actually e-mailed them and three days later got a response. and they tell me there is a reserve of 2890 dollars on the item...hmm, can you make your own private not showing on e-bay reserve price? i would only go with respected sellers from ebay, like companys that sell projectors and might be selling them at discount prices :)

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
What is really sorry about this condition is that there are actually people bidding on them. I'd like a 550 (Ferrari), but I doubt I'm gonna get a new one for anything less than 6 figures.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I see that there are also Sony 10HT and Sony 11HT items for sale by this seller...and they are equally suspect, and just as low priced.

...careful....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.