AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing a bit of reading and research I have settled on an Benq ht1075, however I came across a post saying that the w1070 is still better for gaming and such. I also read that it seems that a few people have been having problems with dust build up in new ht1075. So my question is for a system that will be used mostly for gaming and some movies with one would be better? I originally was looking at the Optima hd36, but after reading a comparison it seems the benq is a better projector over all.

So really between the w1070 and the ht1075 which is over all better?

My second question is I was able to get a Da-Lite Cosmopolitan Electrol 100" screen, but the problem is it is a 4:3 format. How bad would it be using this with the projector since they are native 16:9. I know at least the ht1075 can switch to 4:3 but how badly would that distort the image? Or would I better off leaving it in 16:9 and just shorting the throw distance?

Thank you

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
As far as image goes the 1070 and 1075 should be identical. Get the 1070 if its cheaper. As far as the 4:3 screen goes just don't roll it down all the way or project 16:9 on it with the black bars above and below the screen. Your projector is 16:9 and most content is 16:9.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as image goes the 1070 and 1075 should be identical. Get the 1070 if its cheaper. As far as the 4:3 screen goes just don't roll it down all the way or project 16:9 on it with the black bars above and below the screen. Your projector is 16:9 and most content is 16:9.
Sweet this is actually what I was looking for. I will definitely go after the 1070 then since as of right not it is $140 cheaper on amazon than the 1075.

Thank you

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Use the $140 you save towards a decent 16:9 screen. :)

4:3 is dead, so many people are nearly giving away 4:3 screens. I have an old one you can have for $20. ;)

Enjoy the W1070 - it's definitely a great selection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Use the $140 you save towards a decent 16:9 screen. :)

4:3 is dead, so many people are nearly giving away 4:3 screens. I have an old one you can have for $20. ;)

Enjoy the W1070 - it's definitely a great selection.
Well, yeah, I could do that. Actually, I just noticed where you are located.. I might actually give you guys a call here soon. Just bought (or about to finish buying) a house in NOVAish and might have some work that needs to be done that I am too lazy to do :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts