AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am trying to put together a very basic HTPC as a trial run (read: until I get more money) using an ATI TV Wonder VE (yes I know) and myHTPC and I have a few hardware and software question. Sorry if these are basic and stupid, I ran through the search and the metaFAQ and could not come up with the answers.

1. I have a GeForce4 Ti4200 hooked up to a standard RCA TV with an S-video cable. I see the refresh rate is 60 Hz, is this interlaced output? If it is, how should video be encoded? Interlaced or deinterlaced? and the same with TV should I just use a non deinterlaced signal or does it not make a difference? I've looked at preview through several basic programs(including DScaler), and 640x480 and 640x240 looks OK, although motion does not look quite natural.

Thanks for your help.

~Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Steve,

Unless you are using an HDTV all standard TVs are interlaced meaning odd lines drawn then even lines. Use of an HTPC on a standard TV does not require or even benefit from using a deinterlacer. You may want to deinterlace however if you plan to ever watch your recordings on an HDTV or over a network on a computer monitor

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.