AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be buying a bluray player in the near future. My current living situation won't allow for a nice speaker setup so I've been using headphones and an amp ( meier-audio.homepage.t-online.de/symphony . htm ) for music. I've been wondering what the audio quality from the stereo outputs, on e.g. the panasonic bd55k, would sound like if plugged into my amp. Will it be some kind of 2ch mixed version of the lossless audio? Would I be better off plugging the front left and right channels from the 5.1 analogue outs on the panasonic into my amp? It won't decode anything but a pcm stream so I can't use the Panny's coax or optical outputs... any thoughts?

· Registered
9,398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofronitsky /forum/post/15419879

I've been wondering what the audio quality from the stereo outputs, on e.g. the panasonic bd55k, would sound like if plugged into my amp. Will it be some kind of 2ch mixed version of the lossless audio? Would I be better off plugging the front left and right channels from the 5.1 analogue outs on the panasonic into my amp? It won't decode anything but a pcm stream so I can't use the Panny's coax or optical outputs... any thoughts?

The stereo outputs will give you a two channel downmix of whatever track is being played - DD, dts-MA, uncompressed PCM, whatever. I suppose if you configure the player for 2.0, the L/R multichannel outputs will do the same thing. If you set the digital outputs to PCM, then coax and optical will also transmit 2 channel PCM downmixes. I think any of the three choices will work.

· Registered
3,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIslander /forum/post/15420422

The stereo outputs will give you a two channel downmix of whatever track is being played - DD, dts-MA, uncompressed PCM, whatever. I suppose if you configure the player for 2.0, the L/R multichannel outputs will do the same thing. If you set the digital outputs to PCM, then coax and optical will also transmit 2 channel PCM downmixes. I think any of the three choices will work.

I agree, it shouldn't make any difference.

sofronitsky, if you have more questions I suggest you try the following link for answers. LINK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.