AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this question gets asked a lot but I'm a newb so bear with me please.

I just picked up a used supercube 3 off Craigslist and I'm throughly confused about all the knobs on the back. I have a rca cable going from my receiver sub out to the lfe in on the back of the supercube, can I assume that's the way it goes?

Second question is about the variable low pass crossover. I've read the manual and googled it but I don't understand it. Where am I suppose to set that at? To make things more confusing I read somewhere if I have it plugged into the LFE input I don't need to mess with the crossover.

Lastly, phase control. I'm going to leave that at 0 until someone here tells me other wise.

suggestions?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi there .. I have a supercube trinity with very similar controls... The lfe input is correct.. As far as phase is concerned try 0 if that doesn't sound right try 90 ... 90 degrees worked better for me..your mileage may vary and I set the low pass at 45 hz ...but again to me it just sounded cleaner.. Experiment..I have mine mated to my def tech 7002s..hope this helps. .. Also you can set your receiver sub level to 0 and set the def tech to 11 o'clock see if that helps any.. Let me know how it works out...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejedi123 /forum/post/19612568

. Also you can set your receiver sub level to 0 and set the def tech to 11 o'clock see if that helps any.. Let me know how it works out...

you're referring to the volume control on the sub?

·
Registered
4,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91dx /forum/post/19611646

I'm sure this question gets asked a lot but I'm a newb so bear with me please.

I just picked up a used supercube 3 off Craigslist and I'm throughly confused about all the knobs on the back. I have a rca cable going from my receiver sub out to the lfe in on the back of the supercube, can I assume that's the way it goes?

Second question is about the variable low pass crossover. I've read the manual and googled it but I don't understand it. Where am I suppose to set that at? To make things more confusing I read somewhere if I have it plugged into the LFE input I don't need to mess with the crossover.

Lastly, phase control. I'm going to leave that at 0 until someone here tells me other wise.

suggestions?

1) your connection is correct

2) the variable low pass crossover knob has no effect when you use the LFE input on the sub (says so in the manual). The high pass knob has no effect either

3) In order to set the phase, you can run a bass test tone from your receiver. Have somebody adjust it while you are at your seating location, and use the setting that has the most bass.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Svsound.com has some really great sub setup info on their site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts