AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan if i can and im sure i can to hook my pc up to the TV and play some games. but if its too complicated ill end up playing on the xbox.

1:anyway i was hoping someone is using the tv as a monitor for gameing with their computer and i wanted to know what kinda picture quality you are getting and what video card you have and fps. im have a 8800gts 640 think this s good enough?

2:also if ur playing at 1080i or 780? and whats the difference in quality?

3: does Wii or xbox 30 automatically pay at 1080? if not what then and will it fillt he hwole screen and lok good. sorry im sure this is to some of you stupid questions but this will be my first flat screen tv and m going big so i want to understand what im going up against

·
Registered
178 Posts
1. your card is comparable to a single 8800gt/9800gt, and assuming you play at the tv's native resolution of 1920x1080 (similar to the standard 16:10 resolution on a standard desktop 24 inch pc monitor), you will get good to excellent results with most games, except crysis and other similar graphic intensive games at their highest settings. AA usage depends on the game. the samsung should work perfectly fine as a pc monitor. i'm using two 8800GT cards in sli @ 1080p, but with a toshiba set - works wonderfully. setting it all up is easy as pie, and should work the same on the samsung.

2. at the tv's native resolution of 1080p; you can play at 720p for pc games, but since it's scaling down from it's native resolution, the picture on the tv won't look as sharp, but you will get better performance since the video card only has to render half the pixels on the screen (720p = 1 megapixel vs. 1080p = 2 megapixels)

3. no not automatically, wii will be at 480p and the 360 will be at whatever resolution you set it to

1 - 3 of 3 Posts