AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, what is the best Projection 65" on the market (under 5K)? Is this new Toshiba 65HX81 CinemaHD any good?

Second, will 'LETTERBOX' movies displayed on DirecTV PPV, do they come out as full widescreen movies on these newer projection units or will it be a Letterbox in a 4:3 formatted picture?

Third, do any of these units have an open area directly below the display that you can insert your own center channel into? I have a high end Polk center channel that I would prefer to use.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
I can give you an opinion on my TV. I have a Mitsu WS65087 and am very pleased with it. The price has come down considerably since I purchased it last December, and can probably be had for around $3100. Letterbox movies can be adjusted in a variety of ways. If it is a 16:9 letterbox you can adjust it without any black bars so it fits the screen. If wider than 16:9 you can adjust it with black bars on the top/bottom but not as conspicuous as on a 4:3 display. You can also blow the picture up to fill the 16:9 display but lose a little on either side. As for a center channel speaker, I place mine on top of the TV with no problem at all. I hope this helps.

------------------

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.