AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't read too much about the Mitsubishi HSHD1100U. Could those of you that have experience with this unit please discuss your impressions a little bit. I work too late to catch most of the prime time lineup and I am dying to be able time shift HD.

I also read in another thread about the lack of a DD Toslink on the back of the unit. Am I assuming incorrectly that I could just use the DD Toslink from the STB to my receiver? Would the audio find its way from the Mitsu DVHS to the STB through the firewire and to the receiver on playback of DVHS tapes?

I am looking at the 165 STB if I go this route.

Thank You in advance.

Jared

·
Registered
794 Posts
I am using the 1100U with the Samsung T165 and have no problems. I am using the 1394 connection exclusively and it seems to work fine. I believe all the data (including audio) is tranferred via 1394 so you don't need a lot of different cables.

My configuration is 1100U-->T165-->TV (component) and I don't have a DD decoder so I just run analog connections from the T165 to the TV.

Most of the limitations in this configuration are related to the T165. See the thread in the HDTV hardware forum. To summarize: PSIP needs to be accurate from the OTA stations in your area and the Samsung remote does not support Mitsubishi VCRs (or Toshiba TV or Pioneer DVD).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.