·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive aquired some in wall speakers made by Paradigm. Model numbers are below

ams 250v2 x3

ams 300 x2

ams 350 x3

I was considering keeping two of the 250's for my basement and selling the rest. Ive been searching on google for these and was trying to determine a price for them. I was also considering in keeping them, and changing the speakers in my family room to these. However the way I have my room set up I cannot use in walls for my fronts or center channel without changing alot. Plus I dont think my equiptment would really push these to their full potential. These are the first in walls ive ever owned, and I know nothing about paradigm, so excuse the noobish questions. Im just using a newer Sony 7.1 receiver. I believe its 110 watts x 7 channels. I was hoping someone could help me determine prices for these. Or do you think just a receiver would make these sound good? Or would I need a seperate amplifier to drive them?

http://www.scheerhomesystems.com/pro...d_speakers.htm

If you click that link and scroll down just a little, thats what the speakers look like. I appreciate any help you can provide.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just hooked it to my receiver and they sound good. A little clearer than my infinity towers but bass is about the same. These arent mounted in the wall so im guessing thats hurting the sound alot. I guess my point is if my equiptment cant push these to their limits, then I dont see a reason in keeping them. My system sounds great to me and im sure these will sound great too, but I would rather have the money to put into finishing my basement than these. I appreciate any thoughts and opinions.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nobody can help me out at all? I know in walls arent the most popular. Im just trying to figure out how much I should ask for them when I sell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts