AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent seen any threads here yet about it but I am sure they are here somewhere. Ok, so its going to cost around $10k and weighs 400lbs and I will never own one yada ya, what I would like to know is what the two other optimazation features it is that no other sub in the world has yet. Apparently there are two new features aside from dsp and room correction and I was curious if anyone at CES knew what they were yet.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armystud0911 /forum/post/0

I havent seen any threads here yet about it but I am sure they are here somewhere. Ok, so its going to cost around $10k and weighs 400lbs and I will never own one yada ya, what I would like to know is what the two other optimazation features it is that no other sub in the world has yet. Apparently there are two new features aside from dsp and room correction and I was curious if anyone at CES knew what they were yet.

Best go to the TC Sounds website,they have a forum. Ask Deon and the TC Sounds gurus there.

I am waiting for the monster to get finalised and be offered for sale as a finished product. This will be the King Kong of subs,in terms of displacement and output down deep(as the two are related as you know).

HT subsonic nirvana in a huge box or a few.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, the other huge factor that seems to set it apart isnt just depth and output but true linearity, no other drivers in the passive or active realm have the sheer linear output that these do. I was hoping I wouldnt have to join another forum but I guess they are the best place to go. Thanks theEAR, I have seen you on their forums as well.

·
Registered
82 Posts
There are many many things that are unique to these subwoofers, but what we wanted to do was give the consumer more of what they wanted. In fact, I kid you not, one of our goals on the agenda was to make Arthur not want another subwoofer after hearing this one. If anyone knows anything about TheEar and his horde of subwoofers, then you know this is a very hard goal to fulfill

There will also be more economical subwoofers more akin to the market here on avs that will have promises of high performance starting at 1000 dollars.

Many of these designs are a ways out, and we will continue to update our website when we're ready.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
I follow the TC Sounds forum each day,when the final product is launched...and at least one review done(I hope to see Mr Nousaine will)...

You will hear from me.No way I will not get the famous TC Sounds king of ported subs beast. Two I do not know,I rather start with one unit(as shown in the pics posted).

Uncrated should pass thru the doors easy.

·
Registered
6,147 Posts
congrats Arthur...I don't think you will be dissappointed. Deon put a lot of thought into the overall design of it, and the DSP will really dial it in nicely. I didn't know you were in line to get one, and all past differences aside, I'm happy for you

just dont go into one of your "over-exhuberant" tantrums again....ehehehhehe

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems to me that the big question here is whether the room can handle the pressure from one of these guys. Imagine an army of 18" subs with 108 liters of total displacement in a medium sized room. I used to set up an array of yorkville elite subs, there were 8 18" drivers total and they had 8,000 watts of amp power, I remember walking in front of them and feeling the air come forcibly back into my lungs from the sheer sound pressure, and this was outside with drivers that the LMS 5400 would take to the cleaners.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.