AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've installed XLobby and it works resonably well. I have a couple of question maybe someone knows the answer to.

First, does XLobby integrate with DVDprofiler. I have Profiler installed and on the setup screen I have pointed to Profiler exe file and also the image files. As far as I can tell this does nothing.

The "d" command gets the cover art well enough but it is just about as easy to copy the art from profiler and insert it next to the VIDEO_TS folder.

The "f" command searches and finds info and lets you select the info. It seems like it downloads something. What info is it getting and where does it go? I show no information about movie year, Director etc.

Do these things work better in MyHTPC or DVDLobby. I really just need a DVD interface. I don't mind spending the money if it is much better than the open source or shareware programs. It would be nice to be able to set up your DVD player through DVDProfiler.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've only used XLobby a little bit, but I did set it up with DVD Profiler. All I did in the setup screen is point to the DVD Profiler directory and the exported .xml file from Profiler. Then you have to hit the "Load ALL DVDs" button. This should show you how many movies it sees. It then will pull all the images, etc from the Profiler directory you point it to above.

Hope this helps.

Paul

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Randall,

Setting up Xlobby to show and launch ripped DVD's with coverart (from DVD profiler) is quite easy. 1) make sure you ripped DVD's folder name is EXACTLY the name of the DVD in DVD Profiler down to spaces and other characters. This is how Xlobby associates the ripped DVD's on your hard drive with the correct database info and pictures. If they aren't exact, you will get 2 entries for each movie. One will have coverart and not play, the other will not have coverart, and will play. 2) Export your DVD profiler database to a .XML file for Xlobby to access. This is really all there is to it. Then click on find movies, and it should find them all and list them by coverart. The exact name was the gotcha for me when I tried to set it up. Hope this helps. Drew

·
Banned
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help. I haven't exported the database. I'll try that and see if it works. I'm not having trouble playing the movies.

·
Banned
1,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This still did nothing as far as I can tell. I exported the file and repointed to it in the setup menu and loaded the DVDs. It still shows no info on Rating, Length of movie, Director, etc. I really could live without this but it would be nice if it worked.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Randall,

You may want to check over at the XLobby forum. Steven is pretty quick at responding. And there are a lot of folks there who are well versed in it.

http://www.explode.ca/forum/index.php

Sam

·
Registered
86 Posts
Randall,

When you actually click on the movie itself and get to the next screen you don't get Year, Director, Runtime, etc? Make sure you have installed the update. Steven will be releasing a new Alpha soon with many changes for the better. As the last post suggested, check out the forums or hop on #Xlobby on EFNet. There are a few of us that hang out in there as well as Steven, the developer.

Good Luck

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.