AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to start home construction in about three weeks. So now is the time to think about the pre-wire for this room...

Here is the space that I have allocated for a HT room.

My basic thoughts so far...

I'm going to french door the entry, and want to use the "nook" area in the back for a refreshment area (sink, bar fridge countertop)

Considering a partial wall on the right side of the nook in order to effectively mount the R surround speaker (7.1)

questions:

-where to put equipment rack (under the angled ceiling in the back?)

-how high a riser for rear row?

-reclinable seats?

-stage under screen?

-how much room behind screen for center channel speaker?

-ceiling can lights ok?

-assuming on the W side of the house, above garage, will I need two returns and two supply registers for HVAC

I've had a fascinating week reading about and looking at pictures of all the amazing work you all have done.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Your photo is showing. Not sure what the issue is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsaweather /forum/post/17029873

My basic thoughts so far...

I'm going to french door the entry, and want to use the "nook" area in the back for a refreshment area (sink, bar fridge countertop)

Considering a partial wall on the right side of the nook in order to effectively mount the R surround speaker (7.1)

How important is sound proofing? French doors cna be very difficult to soundproof.

I wouldn't put a fridge in the room. They are too noisy.

Answers in red:

Quote:
questions:

-where to put equipment rack (under the angled ceiling in the back?) I can't tell you without seeing a photo.

-how high a riser for rear row? Use the calculator pinned on the top of the forum

-reclinable seats? Sure. Most of us use Berkline theater seats. You can get them via a powerbuy for pretty cheap ~$500 per.

-stage under screen? Up to you. I didn't but a lot do.

-how much room behind screen for center channel speaker? Depends on the speaker. Rough estimate is 2-3'

-ceiling can lights ok? sure. But depends on how important sound proofing is. Any hole is your drywall is a way for sound to escape.

-assuming on the W side of the house, above garage, will I need two returns and two supply registers for HVAC have a HVAC person do the calculations for you. A HT produces roughly 10,000 BTUs without having much equipment in the room.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.