AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bob

Did you get that other d****** yet? Namely the HT1000.

How bout some impressions?

Are you ready to come completely out of the closet and get rid of Betsy?

How about the Momitsu. Did you get her yet? Can I call her mommy?

Steve

· Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
I guess he is now the SULTAN OF D******
Whats the diff. Sultan of cheap= Sultan of D******.:D

QUOTE]The Following Link Will Take You to a Digital [/quote]

Don't you know the D word is banned

Bobby, Bobby, Bobby

You must be gettin on. Your eyes no longer see more than one shade of black and you need mega lumens to see the screen. I'll bet you got those fancy new blue headlights on your car and maybe radar to help you park.:p

You know I'm kiddin Bob. I saw the Infocus 7200 and it was good. Not as good as 8" CRT but good. Did you see my thread re the 7200? I'm happy for you. You sounded so excited over on the D forum. I hope you didn't make a mess. At your age it could be dangerous.

Still waiting to hear about Mommy. I hope you will let us know as well as yur new pals how she performs when you get it.

Sheeesh. first we lose Kenny to geography. Now we lose Bob to D*****.

Steve

· Banned
9,999 Posts
Be careful out there. Now he's turning his Sultanese nose up (in snobby form)to the flea marketers he so happily embraced just days ago. BTW, can we really blame him, though, as I believe it was Terry that corrupted him so badly.

· Registered
16,014 Posts
Just between me and you guys, it's actually not all that much better than the X1. ;)

p.s. but don't tell those digital boys I said that. If word of that got back to NEC it would kill my chances of getting a kickback. :)

· Registered
16,014 Posts
Whoops. Boy did I speak too soon.

Here's the scoop. Terry did not have this HT1000 adjusted properly.

I just finished playing with the adjustments for about an hour and it's now an entirely different animal. The picture is now making my X1 look sick.

And I'm not too sure that CRT has anything on it either. It's every bit as good as the CRT picture with the one exception of the very low end. But that low end on this thing is plenty watchable.

Guy Kuo, if you're still out there, I'm now starting to see what you must have been seeing. And I aint through yet.

Bob

· Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'd start a poll but I'm lazy and I don't know how

Was Bob's CRT

1) Cheap

2) Broken

3) Poorly set up

4) Not as good as D*****. (heaven forbid-say it aint so)

My vote is #3

Steve

· Registered
3,531 Posts
The HT1000 is too busy being used to undergo adjustments. It's still a very nice picture, but the CRT does get fired up for films. My wife, though, sometimes asks to watch the HT1000 instead depending on the material. Overall, I'm still very happy using it as my main viewing device. The Marantz VP12S3's picture at CEDIA made me feel okay about the CRT eventually going belly up.

· Registered
4,867 Posts
Bob,

I certainly didn't go through a complete calibration with the HT1000. In fact I gave the remote to my guests to see if they wanted to adjust anything, so who knows where it was?? But the evening before, I did take a pretty close look at it.

But I did see enough to know that screen door is screen door. How can you stand looking at that pixelized mess?? Short of making the screen very small it is there.

And that when watching HD material, specifically the US Open, the net looked like a swarm of ants or something moving around, and the background detail just wasn't there (hey, why are the spectators heads rectangular?). Also picture is flat compared to a well set up CRT. No pop, pop, pop as Ruby Rod would say.

Is it coming and are they getting better, sure. Are they right for me, no way. Remember, I look at this stuff day in and day out and to me the digital picture is to,,,,,,whats the word I'm looking for........hmmmmm.......digital!!

Other than that, not bad, keep on it boys and you may get it some day.

Have fun Bob, I'm sure you will.

Terry out

· Registered
16,014 Posts
Terry,

I don't like screendoor either. My take on HT1000 screendoor can be found in the last paragraph of this post (the "caveat" thing)
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...65#post2661365

And Guy is less screendoor tolerant than I am. If I remember correctly, he's at more than 2x viewing distance.

Keep in mind, though, that the 720p DLP's will allow an even large image.

p.s. thanks for letting me finally get to see this thing work at just a little less than the going rate. If you had not presented this opportunity I would still be wondering what I was missing. :)

Bob

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.