AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I downloaded and looked at the manual for the DST-3000. I have a TW56X81. Am I correct that for all upconverted 4x3 DirectTV material, which would be everything except the 2 HDTV channels, there is no stretch mode? ie. the Toshiba set disables all wide modes except full and the DST-3000 offers only Full, crop (a la TW2), and 4x3 w/gray sidebars?

This bothers me because I've sunk so much time perfecting my set's TW1 and TW2 geometry & convergences, and I really like my TW1 for 4x3 material. But with the DST-3000 my set would only ever use the 1080i Full convergence memory? Is this correct?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
38 Posts
Actually, its Full, Cropped (like TW3, not 2) and Sidebarred.

And yes, if you're using the Component cables, the box will only output at 1080i all the time.

You can drop to 480i if you use the SVideo/composite cables (action-input to switch without the menus)

--Carlos V.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
I got the Sony box over the DST-3000 (I checked the DST out first) but will stick with the sony (despite fan noise) because of the HD variable output. I love just watching my tv switch from 4:3 to 16:9 display without me doing anything. =)

·
Registered
165 Posts
As correctly stated by Carlos V --

For non-HDTV or any 4:3 material, you can simply switch to the S-Video output of the DST-3000 and still retain the full functionality of your Toshiba Theatre-Wide modes without any signal up-conversion.

If you are receiving an HDTV signal it will be in native 16:9 mode and would be best viewed through the component video output of the DST-3000.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.