AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a used DVD-5910 and have a few questions for other current owners:

1. Did you upgrade to the "CI" version? If so why? If not why not?

2. Do you connect your DVD-5910 directly into your 1080p TV or thru an AVR with HDMI switching? (My current AVR is a B&K 505 which only has component inputs so I am connecting the DVD-5910 via HDMI directly into the TV.)

3. I play both SACD's and DVD-Audio discs thru my DVD-5910. Does the enhanced("CI") version of my player sound better via Denon-link than the version of Denon-link already in my player? (I am considering replacing my AVR with the Denon 3808CI.)

Thanks for your comments and advice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
1. Yes I also upgraded to the CI cost me $300 but I least I was able to drive to the Denon facility and not have to worry about something happening to it during shipping. I did it because the "Ci' has full 1080P upscaling while the 5910 is only 1080i.

2. I have the DVD player connected directly to my TV via HDMI because I have an older receiver (Denon AVR 5803A). I have the player connected to the receiver with the DenonLink cable. Sounds great IMHO.

3. I don't think that the upgrade affects anything on the audio side so I wasn't expecting it to sound better but I may be wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts