AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought what I thought was an open-box HC3000 at Best Buy. But it seems that what's in the box is a 1000 or 1500, though it has the 3000 label on the PJ shell with a serial that matches that on the box.

Shell is dark grey, no Iris button on remote, no Iris options in the menu. Info screen shows S/W Version 2.00 HD1000.

My questions are:

1) Is there a way to tell if it's the 1000 or 1500? I wasn't sure if the S/W version would be the same for both.

2) Is there a service screen that shows true projector life? I'm worried that someone may have swapped their old 1000/1500 for the 3000 that was originally in the box, and reset the lamp hours to zero. I'm afraid it may have thousands of hours on it.

I am leaning toward keeping it, whatever it is. It is a step up from my old 4805 and should hold me until the prices on the Mits 6000 or Epson 1080UB drop. One concern is it may be tough to sell at that time, since the 3000 label makes it seem like I'm trying to pull something shady and I may not know the true hours.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
UP/Down Arrows and Enter at the same time on the projector itself (not remote)...

the 3000 would have HC3000 in the menu..

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Turbe. The info screen and the up/down/enter on PJ show the same stuff -- set time, lamp time, low lamp time, with the same numbers for each (2mn when I first fired it up). If it really hadn't been used, then I'm guessing it must have been a factory mixup somehow.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by curttard /forum/post/12950488

Thanks Turbe. The info screen and the up/down/enter on PJ show the same stuff -- set time, lamp time, low lamp time, with the same numbers for each (2mn when I first fired it up). If it really hadn't been used, then I'm guessing it must have been a factory mixup somehow.

They do..? I thought that hidden menu showed more info.. I just returned that hc3000 so I can't check now..

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe I'm wrong. I'll check it again tonight. I might have to make a couple more trips to other Best Buys to look for a 3000 since the system numbers and what the employees tell me seem to have little actual basis in reality. I'm happy with the pic this one throws, but since the 3000 is supposed to do even better, I figure I might as well look.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by curttard /forum/post/12955928

How can I tell if I have the 1500 or 1000? Would they have different software versions?

Didn't you post somewhere that it displays 1000 somewhere in the menu?

Ask someone with a 1000 to check theirs and the same for a 1500 owner.. I'm pretty sure the 3000 did state 3000.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbe /forum/post/12956000

Ask someone with a 1000 to check theirs and the same for a 1500 owner..

I did -- that's what this thread is for

·
Registered
4,411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by curttard /forum/post/12956321

I did -- that's what this thread is for

PM may be faster

1 - 9 of 9 Posts