AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have any items in your sub-menus grayed out?

Such as;

picture menu ---- color/tint

options menu ----deinterlace

Further do you any issues with your Keystone controls? If you have not tried those please do so to confirm that they work. Mine seem to have little or no effect.

Lastly in the Layout Menu do you have an option to adjust the H position and V position ( I assume this a digital shifting of the picture)? I saw no such sub-menu in mine, it may not be an option for the 7150, however it is not mentioned in the 7130/7150 manual if that is the case.

Also if you DO NOT have any of the above mentioned issues would you kindly report which of the two models you own and your firmware version!

My firmware is reported in the Options Menu ---Sub-Menu ---- Status (I think mine is the latest for the 7150)

It may be possible to regain these items if we can get a new firmware version or backup to a previously fully functioning firmware. I am going to email Planar about all these issues. I however feel that all owners should present these issues together in a single email. I would be glad to compose the email, but anyone else is welcome to do so, especially if they are more qualified to do so.

Planar support has exhibited a firm support for their product in the past and I expect they will again. These projectors have potential and if we persevere I believe Planar will step up and correct these obvious oversights.

I consider these oversights because the above named items are shown in the manual and assumed to be present and functional.

So please help out with any information you may have.

Happy New Year!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 7130 and the color tint menu is grayed out with my hdmi to dvi connection.This is the same as any projector i have had with this type of connection and I believe it is the same with

all digital projectors.The only work around for this is to have these adjustments in your dvd /blueray player and in fact it

works with my pioneer 59avi dvd player.Why this is so is beyond

my video expertise and technical understanding.

My deinterlace is also unaccesable but my keystone works even though I do not use it.Too lazy to get my firmware version but I highly doubt these conditions will be changed with any current update and doubt any future update on these pjs are coming.

Sorry could not answer all your quetions,good luck,relax and enjoy the best 720p pj 60 bucks an buy!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmelkon /forum/post/15430753

I have a 7130 and the color tint menu is grayed out with my hdmi to dvi connection.This is the same as any projector i have had with this type of connection and I believe it is the same with

all digital projectors.The only work around for this is to have these adjustments in your dvd /blueray player and in fact it

works with my pioneer 59avi dvd player.Why this is so is beyond

my video expertise and technical understanding.

My deinterlace is also unaccesable but my keystone works even though I do not use it.Too lazy to get my firmware version but I highly doubt these conditions will be changed with any current update and doubt any future update on these pjs are coming.

Sorry could not answer all your quetions,good luck,relax and enjoy the best 720p pj 60 bucks an buy!

Thanks good feedback.

However others here have stated that the color/tint is not accessible with either type of connection, Component or HDMI/DVI.

I had all such controls accessible on my Sanyo PLV Z4 however it was straight HDMI, that may be the reason, but I doubt that. Also an older review of the 7150 mentioned the deinterlace adjustments without comment to any problems.

Also why are such items listed in the 7130/7150 manual without mention of limitations to access? Perhaps others have asked and Planar has answered, but I am yet to see that addressed any where.

I ran a calibration disc (HD) and observed the color tint adjustment screen through THX glasses and that indicated some adjustment was needed.

I agree that even if these issues are never resolved I will still enjoy this projector. However if can be corrected why not have all applicable controls available?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will be contacting Planar and mentioning the above issues. I had hoped others might pitch in but so far only one response.

Any comments Planar 7130/7150 owners? It would be nice to have more than just myself interested in enabling the crippled menu items. I think I need the color and tint adjustments as a minimum.

·
Banned
9,076 Posts
I have HDMI/DVI connection and component connection. I will check the menu this weekend. Going to the movie after work and my son has a basketball game Saturday mourning so it may be Saturday night before I get to look. I also rented COD4 to see if I would like playing a game on the PS3 using the projector.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg100 /forum/post/15440889

I have HDMI/DVI connection and component connection. I will check the menu this weekend. Going to the movie after work and my son has a basketball game Saturday mourning so it may be Saturday night before I get to look. I also rented COD4 to see if I would like playing a game on the PS3 using the projector.

There is no big hurry, I just want to state the number of folks who have this problem all at once when I contact Planar, so it can wait a week or so if needed.

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richum /forum/post/15430508

Do you have any items in your sub-menus grayed out?

Such as;

picture menu ---- color/tint

options menu ----deinterlace

Further do you any issues with your Keystone controls? If you have not tried those please do so to confirm that they work. Mine seem to have little or no effect.

Lastly in the Layout Menu do you have an option to adjust the H position and V position ( I assume this a digital shifting of the picture)? I saw no such sub-menu in mine, it may not be an option for the 7150, however it is not mentioned in the 7130/7150 manual if that is the case.

Also if you DO NOT have any of the above mentioned issues would you kindly report which of the two models you own and your firmware version!

My firmware is reported in the Options Menu ---Sub-Menu ---- Status (I think mine is the latest for the 7150)

It may be possible to regain these items if we can get a new firmware version or backup to a previously fully functioning firmware. I am going to email Planar about all these issues. I however feel that all owners should present these issues together in a single email. I would be glad to compose the email, but anyone else is welcome to do so, especially if they are more qualified to do so.

Planar support has exhibited a firm support for their product in the past and I expect they will again. These projectors have potential and if we persevere I believe Planar will step up and correct these obvious oversights.

I consider these oversights because the above named items are shown in the manual and assumed to be present and functional.

So please help out with any information you may have.

Happy New Year!

7130 version 212.03.208

picture menu ---- color/tint (shows up using component)

options menu ----de-interlace (grayed out using component)

Keystone works using component.

Horizontal and vertical positioning work fine using component.

picture menu ---- color/tint (grayed out using DVI)

options menu ----de-interlace (grayed out using DVI)

Keystone works using DVI.

Horizontal and vertical positioning does not show up when using DVI.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg100 /forum/post/15444756

7130 version 212.03.208

picture menu ---- color/tint (shows up using component)

options menu ----de-interlace (grayed out using component)

Keystone works using component.

Horizontal and vertical positioning work fine using component.

picture menu ---- color/tint (grayed out using DVI)

options menu ----de-interlace (grayed out using DVI)

Keystone works using DVI.

Horizontal and vertical positioning does not show up when using DVI.

I see that some features are present with component and not with DVI. I have not tried component yet as my projector is in for fan repair. As soon as it is back I will hook up component and do some further testing.

It looks like no one so far can access deinterlace with either DVI or Component. It may be the resolution fed to the projector, maybe that feature is only useful for 480i for example.

·
Registered
75 Posts
7130 version 212.03.208

Here are my peeves in descending order of annoyance

1) Up/Down in remote jumps multiple items (2 at a time) in the menu

2) Unable to save input source to "auto"

3) items greyed out as others mentioned

4) Support for 1080P via DVI

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanb /forum/post/15493216

7130 version 212.03.208

Here are my peeves in descending order of annoyance

1) Up/Down in remote jumps multiple items (2 at a time) in the menu

2) Unable to save input source to "auto"

3) items greyed out as others mentioned

4) Support for 1080P via DVI

Got it, I will put it into the email.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.