AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Sampo 32" 4:3 monitor--basically the 4:3 version of the 16:9 display. The GUI, I/O package, remote, etc. are identical other than the CRT. This leads me to believe they are essentially identical.

My first set quit working after 48 hours due to a failure in the high voltage power supply. A replacement, now almost six months old, developed an identical problem/sympton yesterday but not before losing the audio about a month ago. I considered the audio issue secondary as I never use the audio section of the set. As an aside, the second set was not converged as well as the original but I was told by Sampo service people that the Red fringing I saw on the right and lower side of the raster was normal as they 'always' converge the sets more tightly for the left hand side of the screen!!!

My question: Has anyone else experienced reliability problems with either the 4:3 or 16:9 Sampo sets? If so, what kinds of problems and how were the problems corrected? Did you have any difficulty with the Sampo customer service department?

Thanks for any response.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.