Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 questions.

Per the operating instructions PDF, the VSX-45TX measures 18 5/16' deep. My rack is only 15.5" deep. What is the 'footprint' of the VSX-45TX? In other words, what is the distance from the front of the front feet to the rear of the rear feet?

Also, per the Pioneer web site, the VSX-45TX is referred to as a "Custom" Multi-Channel Digital A/V Receiver. Of the Elite series receivers, it is the only one that's referred to as "custom". What is meant by "custom"?

Last question. Where is the best place to purchase a VSX-45TX? So far, I've found that I can get one from either Etronics or Crazy Eddie for about $800 + shipping. I can buy one from my local b&m for $1200 + tax...

·
Banned
9,999 Posts
Unfortunately, I am not at home right this moment, but when I do get home I'll measure the pattern distance of the feet.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WanMan, thanks for the offer. However, I stopped by my local Pioneer Elite dealer today and got a sales person to measure a VSX-45TX for me. It will just fit...

The VSX-45TX is freaking BEAUTIFUL!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Just wanted to chime in...I bought my 45TX from E-tronics and bought the phillips extended warranty...I have been extremely happy with my purchase and etronics was great...delivered in 3 days.

You can also try Josh Lehman...if you do a search on AVS for his name you will see others who have used him. He will get you a unit from an authorized dealer with full warranty for about the same price you will pay from etronics etc...

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
I don't know what "custom" means, probably just ad-talk.

I got mine from E-tronics and paid $90 for 3 day shipping, for a total charge of $930. I ordered it at 10pm on a Wednesday night it arrived here in Fresno CA the following Friday, double boxed and in perfect condition with all accessories and manuals.

There are supposedly no authorized online Elite dealers and some people have gotten units with altered serial number stickers. Mine came unaltered.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I purchased mine from etronics. Total bill was about 870 i think. I ordered on a saturday night around 10:00 and it arrived that wed. Regualr UPS double boxed.

Also note, my born on date was Nov 2002. I think that is after the fix for the shutdown problem.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I bought mine from a local retailer here in St. Louis, who gave me a very competitive price on it. I probably could have saved approx. $150 going through Etronics, but I wanted to play this one safe. I'm a big fan of internet shopping and all, but just couldn't do it on the 45. I have dealt with Etronics before on some digital photography stuff and they are a pretty good operation. I guess the only issue that really comes into play is the warranty thing. Other than that, may the mighty dollar rule.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I bought my 45TX via Josh. Before deciding to go with him, I called around quite a few online resellers including those mentioned above. My reasoning for buying via Josh: (1) The online resellers (all of which are "unauthorized" for the Elite products) may show you a very nice price, but then they tend to overcharge for shipping; (2) The warranty. Pioneer may or may not grant a warranty repair if you buy an Elite product and do not have the in-store receipt from an authorized dealer. So, you probably want to buy a third-party warranty contract when buying from an online reseller. However, that is where they make money. All of the online resellers I called were really pushy (to the extent that I got uncomfortable) when recommending their warranty policies, which were invariably quite expensive.

So, in the end Josh gave me by far the lowest total cost, with an official receipt from the authorized dealer he referred my order to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.