AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions regarding the Tvix 6500A and the Movie GUI Builder. I hope some of you can answer these questions to help me build the ultimate OnDemand system with my DVD collection.

1. Can the Movie GUI Builder hide the default Tvix menu system that's displayed on top of the screen?

2. When trying to choose a movie for playback, is there a way to hide the name of the movie link and add my own custom designed button like "Play Now" or "Purchase"?

3. Can the Tvix use a "next" feature instead of going back with "return" to thumbnails? I would like to hit next and continue viewing the full screen of the main movie information rather then going back to thumbnails.

4. How does the Movie GUI Builder create thumbnails, custom default generated or can we edit a base default? What I mean is, can I have a standard layout with my own icons like the picture below using my own frame and just have MGB put the thumbnails where they need to be?

5. Where can I find custom template for Tvix 6500A skin that are amazing and not just plain? I'm into dynamics which is why I ask because a simple solution is boring to me and something that is more dynamic and challenging would look a whole lot better.

Here is a sample of what type of a thumnail menu I'm looking for which was done in PhotoShop.

There's so much to ask but that would be selfish of me. I'm really interested to know how far we can go into tvix and customize it to our needs. If they added flash capabilities, I can design a unique flash menu with action scripts to allow the flash menu to be controlled by the remote.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Ankido

1. No

2. No

3. No

4. You can create any icons you like, they need to be sized at 200x200, place it in the folder with the name folder.jpg or folder.png and then select icon mode on the tvix (under function) and it will show the icons.

Hope that helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts