140 Posts
Well, not a big deal.

Open consumer.ini file

Edit [Version] section, replace "currentver=1.08.RC08"

by "currentver=1.09.RC08". Bingo!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was also burned by loss of audio for MP4s with the 1.0.4 firmware upgrade. I also posted to dlink's customer support and never received a response.

I've been holding off on the downrev process hoping a better solution would come out but I now have the feeling it won't.

The part that seems fishy to me is that downrev to 1.0.3 and then upgrade to 1.0.4 works. Has anyone tried just a downrev to 1.0.4?

It almost suggests dlink may have noticed the mp4 problem and re-released a new 1.0.4 that doesn't have that problem without saying anything. Those who upgraded too soon were burned. Those who upgrade now aren't. I'm aware of other companies having done this sort of thing in the past...

Just a thought. I'll give it a try over the weekend.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit410 /forum/post/0

Also be careful with the D-Link software if you use it.

it will auto update to 1.09 and stop seeing media..

if you do a clean install of 1.09 it's fine, if you update, it goes nuts..

had it happen on 3 seperate computers.

Interesting. I will try this before giving up and downgrading everything to the previous. There is something weird on this, I am still surprised the latest FW&Server are failing for we all.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I down-reved to 1.02. It was great before the upgrade, horrible after, and great again with 1.02.

1.02 is the only firmware for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
np

I had to do this in order for my HP media vault 2010 to work with the DSM520

Lawrence

since i cannot post a link yet search for this guy k0lee he has a website with some facts look for the media fault fact link

·
Registered
64 Posts
My wish list would be for Dlink to update the 520 so the usb would support HDs larger than 20GB. That should be stated on the outside of the box. It would be nice to just have my 500GB external HD as a stand alone source instead of streaming from my computer via wireless.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Regarding Active TV:

I become very suspicious when somebody claims to know something that nobody else knows and, at the same time, cannot keep the facts straight, e.g., 8620 does NOT support H.264.

Plus, 1.03 - 1.04 debacle does not suggest we'll ever be there.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I just set up my new DSM-520 today and am shocked that I cannot play my music in the order it was intended to be heard.

I browsed the 26 pages of this thread and did not catch a work around (except for adding the track number to the "Title" field of the ID3 tag). I have all my music meticulously sorted as "Artist\\Year - Album Name\\Track Number - Track name.mp3"

Would changing to the "Windows Media Connect" or "TVersity" media servers have any effect?

Also, the GUI is painfully slow. It's takes quite a while to get to the middle of 700+ artists I have shared... Is the browsing speed anyway related to the network connection?

Thanks for any help in advance

Cheers,

Bryan

·
Registered
93 Posts
Also when you are browsing your content make sure you use the Page up and Page down to scroll through the pages. Up down arrows are very slow.

-Aaron

·
Registered
203 Posts
I will give TVersity a try and report back.

I have been using the Page Up and Page Down buttons but that still only browses 8 items at a time and with artists alone that is almost 90 pages when there are 700+ artists to sort through...

Thanks for the input

Bryan

·
Registered
603 Posts
Navigation won't be sped up by TVersity, but song organization will be better. The folder hierarchy is a bit cumbersome though.

·
Registered
203 Posts
TVersity sped up navigation considerably, and songs are now in the right order. Unfortunately when an album is done playing it just stops... it does not go to the next folder! Also, it still would be nice to have "Jump to letter X" button of some sort...

TVersity still supports Xvid and Divx just fine. The application you install on your computer runs in the Flash Player so it is a bit unstable, but works nonetheless.

Anyways, I recommend TVersity over the D-Link Media Server.

·
Registered
109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnieman /forum/post/0

TVersity sped up navigation considerably, and songs are now in the right order. Unfortunately when an album is done playing it just stops... it does not go to the next folder! Also, it still would be nice to have "Jump to letter X" button of some sort...

TVersity still supports Xvid and Divx just fine. The application you install on your computer runs in the Flash Player so it is a bit unstable, but works nonetheless.

Anyways, I recommend TVersity over the D-Link Media Server.

what is tversity?

681 - 700 of 1954 Posts