Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KBK and other GOO users please help:

I got some samples from GOO systems, and I want to spray them on fabrics. Here are my questions:

1) is the final product (goo coated fabric) still going to be flexible enough to roll up without damaging the paint? Anything that I can do to improve the flexibility?

2) What is the best paint sprayer (below $200) for this job (to spray the paint as smooth as possible--I understand it also depends largely on skills)? I got one from ACE hardware (Power Painter, 4.8 GPH, Model 170), but not sure how good it is. I also went to Sherin Williams, but they only have big guns for large job and expensive.

3) Do I need to dilute the GOO in order to spray? If so, how much water should I add?

Thank you for your input!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I got most of the questions answered by reading GOO system's website. But still welcome any tips offered by fellow forum members.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Best bet is to not use professional sprayers for spraying house latex. They are designed to go through large amounts of product at high speed....at relatively little cost. ($20 a gallon, max) not good..at $150 or so a quart.

I'll try to answer your questions more thoroughly tomorrow afternoon. Right now, I'm 'gooing' to watch "Sin City". :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Ken.

Today I tried a little experiment using air brush. I thinned the goos (digital grey and crt white) by adding 5 grams water to 25 grams coating. Then I sprayed them on both fabrics (with some backing material, but not blackout fabric) and white foam panels. I guess the air brush is not good enough for the job (and I don't have a good spray skill as well), anyway, all the samples do not look smooth at all. Now I am waiting to see if they will look better after drying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.