AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon everyone, I just had a couple of quick questions about the Rotel RSP-1066.

1) Does it support the Dolby Digital EX format?

...I'm rather confused on this, their site doesn't list it as directly supported (under the list of surround formats it "auto detects" for), however Sound and Vision (June 2002 : New Products section), as well as multiple other web sources list as having direct support for Dolby Digital EX. I then decided to dig up (last months?) copy of Home Theater magazine which does NOT list it as having support for it. I'm horribly vexed please help me out here!

I like the pre-amp allot but I want be sure that I'll be able to to listen to the Dolby Digital EX tracks on the likes of my Jurassic Park (III was it that had it?), and Episode I DVD's.

2) How do you think this Pre/Pro stacks up against the Outlaw 950?

Anything else anyone has to say about this or a similar pre/pro is welcome, as I'll soon be making my purchase.

Thanks

-Jack

·
Registered
43 Posts
1) The latest version of the software supports Dolby Digital EX. I got mine last week and it has the Dolby Digital EX logo on the face plate.

2) I was on the waitlist for the 950 and decided not to wait. There has been a lot of dicsussion on the features of both pre/pros on this and other boards. You may want to search the archives.

BP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.