AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read thru all the Toshiba posts I can find here on the main forum and a few in the archives and I see posters mention that they got firmware upgrades for their Toshiba TV's yet no one has ever posted where/how they got them.

Does anyone know where I can get the latest firmware for my 57H94?

Also, how does one get into the service menu for the 57H94?

Thanks!

·
Registered
666 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnerFL /forum/post/10637215

I've read thru all the Toshiba posts I can find here on the main forum and a few in the archives and I see posters mention that they got firmware upgrades for their Toshiba TV's yet no one has ever posted where/how they got them.

Does anyone know where I can get the latest firmware for my 57H94?

Also, how does one get into the service menu for the 57H94?

Thanks!

Bump as I need this information too and have searched in vain on the good ole Internet for it...

·
Registered
666 Posts
Not sure, but I'm hoping it solves some various issues I have with the TV regarding the ability to pick up Clear QAM channels, various menu and setup screens that are noticeably darker than others, audio issues every once in a while that add a compounding reverb, etc.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'm all better now. Basically, rescans galore would never pick up the QAM channels for the broadcast networks, even though I knew right where they should be and adding the channels manually wouldn't do it either. So I kicked the set back to factory defaults and tried again and it found everything.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you call toshiba directly and explain to them that you are looking for a firmware update, they will ship you one out via sd card. It is very easily upgraded once you recieve the card.

Simply turn the tv on.

insert the card in the sd slot on the front of the tv

Upgrade process automatically begins when the card is entered , just make sure that the power is not shut off, when the upgrade process is done, the tv will restart, the led on the front of the tv will flash green while the firmware finishes updating.

Once the green led stops flashing and is solid green you can turn on the tv, once you get a picture turn back off the tv, and unplug for a minute and then completed the hard reset by plugging in the tv and turning it back on.

To double check and make sure that you have the correct versioin you can go under the installation menu and go over to information and the current version from april of 2007 is 1.6.5 I beleive!

Best of luck, I did mine a while back, but that is all that I needed to do!

I love my 57H94, It is the best RPTV I have ever laid eyes on!

- Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDKeller /forum/post/12367891

If you call toshiba directly and explain to them that you are looking for a firmware update, they will ship you one out via sd card. It is very easily upgraded once you recieve the card.

Simply turn the tv on.

insert the card in the sd slot on the front of the tv

Upgrade process automatically begins when the card is entered , just make sure that the power is not shut off, when the upgrade process is done, the tv will restart, the led on the front of the tv will flash green while the firmware finishes updating.

Once the green led stops flashing and is solid green you can turn on the tv, once you get a picture turn back off the tv, and unplug for a minute and then completed the hard reset by plugging in the tv and turning it back on.

To double check and make sure that you have the correct versioin you can go under the installation menu and go over to information and the current version from april of 2007 is 1.6.5 I beleive!

Best of luck, I did mine a while back, but that is all that I needed to do!

I love my 57H94, It is the best RPTV I have ever laid eyes on!

- Matt

The way the 57H94 scans for QAM channels is really frustrating, it will add encrypted channels to the selection list. I then have to go through about 100 encrypted channels that take ages to tune to find the dozen or so that are not encrypted. Does the newer firmware fix this? I'm running 1.5.5 from Sept. 2005.

This is my only complaint with the set so far, bought it 2 years ago.

I've also seen a random link here or there for firmware updates, would anyone mind sharing theses files if you have them?

Also, anyone know how can I access the service menu? I see to have a slight red tint thats only visible when no picture is present.

Thanks!!

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.