AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I hope this is the right spot to post a question. I'm a bit of a newbie and I was told this is the place to come for answers.

My fiancée and I are looking for a new TV. We've never had an HDTV before so we're kind of excited but we're both pretty lost. I know that I'd like a plasma because I'm really picky about motion blur and the like. For whatever reason I really notice when images aren't moving smoothly or there's "judder" or fragmenting. Not sure why that is but it drives me nutty. That's kept me clear of LCDs.

Initially we were interested in the G-series from Panasonic. I was happy with the 55" model but my g/f wants a bigger screen - 58" minimum. The selection at this size seems limited, unfortunately; but we were looking at the

TC-P58VT25. I have read a number of reviews of it and they're all glowing; but these are the questions I'm hoping those with experience can answer:

1. How well does it handle 24p?

2. When do new models generally come out for the next year/series - should I just wait for a price drop or better model?

3. Any complaints?

4. Any alternative models (i.e. Samsung or other Panasonics) that give it a run for the money?

5. General thoughts/opinions on the TV? Worth the cash or over-hyped?

Like I said, I'm a bit of a newbie here and I know I have a lot to learn about this stuff so I'm all eyes and ears for any advice you can offer.

Thanks in advance!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts