Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question (I hope)

I have a Tosh 51hx83 and Zenith SAT520 connected via component. Currently the 520 is set at Hybrid-1. I have a RS Yagi mounted in my attic - with OTA signals all above 75%,

My first question is when I watch a digital OTA (non-hd) broadcast, I get black bars on the sides and neither the TV or STB will allow be to adjust aspect ratio (message says not available on both). In fact, the 520 says it's outputting 1080. Is this normal, I can watch the same channel on Directv (also digital) and yet I can stretch with no problems (TW1). I ask because the PQ OTA seems to be better than Directv, but I like to fill the screen.

Second, my OTA channels have been added to the APG... but they all say "Regular Programming"... no other programming info. Is there a way to display the programming, or is this normal as well.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pnstalum

Second, my OTA channels have been added to the APG... but they all say "Regular Programming"... no other programming info. Is there a way to display the programming, or is this normal as well.

[/b]
The APG from DirecTV can only display information for OTA that is provided to them from the local stations. If the locals don't tell D*, then D* cannot tell you.

ATSC broadcasts' aspect ratios are locked, as far as the 520 is concerned. It seems though, that your display should be able to apply ARC.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.