AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Just today I received notice from my projector that it's time to replace the lamp. Does anyone have any idea approximately how many hours I should get before it goes out all the way? I am currently at about 2700 hours after having it for close to two years. I orginally purchased the projector from Projector People and was very happy with their service. Now having said that, they seem to be on the pricey side replacement lamp wise. What's a fair price to pay for a replacement lamp? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bronco-B

·
Registered
731 Posts
No one really can tell you how many hours a lamp may last. Could be 50 could be 6000 or more..

Many go as long as they can, depending on the brightness that they can live with, a personal choice.

OEM lamp around the $300 mark are available. Non-OEM for $220 or so.

Personally, I'd run it until you were unhappy with the brightness.

Your 1st post.. use the search button at the top as all of these answers are in the ax200 owners thread.

Good Luck to you.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I would be very careful with non-oem lamps. There are plenty of reports in this and other forums about so-called aftermarket or "compatible" lamps. Many people report that they don't last near as long as the the factory lamps and in some case, they were ripped off because the seller SAID it was a compatible lamp when in fact it wasn't!!

Lamp life is a crap shoot. No two lamps will last the same number of hours. I've had some go beyond their rated life and continue to run until the image was so dim, you HAD to replace it. Other times, I've had some pop before their time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you are running your PJ on Normal mode/Dynamic then expect to get roughly 1,800 hours on your lamp before you notice it fading away. I have always run my PJ on the very brightest of modes and rarely get over 2000 hours on a single lamp...I agree with the OEM comments...your best bet is to remove your lamp and search for the exact serial number on the bulb. That is the best way to make sure you are getting the proper replacement...IMO

·
Bass Enabler
21,722 Posts
I don't mean to hijack the thread or anything but I have a related question about my 200u lamp.

I am now over 1,500hrs on my first lamp and am considering getting a spare so I have zero downtime on the pj. There is still plenty of brightness but I fear a zapout or something but I have read from some of you that I could possibly make it to 3,000hrs with light to spare. I hope that happens.

Anyway, I know the projector will shut off at 2,000hrs or so and that there is a method of resetting this timer so I can keep going on my first bulb. How do I do this?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Scott Simonian,

Check out the Official AX-200 Owners Thread pg91 #2711 post on how to reset lamp.

·
Registered
731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsil /forum/post/18137875

Scott Simonian,

Check out the Official AX-200 Owners Thread pg91 #2711 post on how to reset lamp.

Or the owners manual.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.