AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Vendor
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a couple of questions about using TS+.

1. How do you attach TS+ to the wall? Staple it?

2. My chair railing is going to be about 33" from the floor.

I have read in some threads that TS+ should be in ower part of the wall up to 48" high. Should I add 15" of TS+ above chair railing, and then attach Dacron to upper part or should I just use Dacron above the railing all the way up?

Thanks

Roman

·
Registered
303 Posts
I lightly tacked the TS to wallboard with a roofing nail. I stretched fabric over the TS, and that secures the TS to the wall. The height of the TS was recommended by Dennis Erskine, who designed my room, based on the acoustical analysis he did. I would not put both TS and batting in the same panel. The line where they meet could show. Can you use TS at the height you want and raise the chair rail to hide the seam?

Chris

·
Vendor
3,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chris for your reply.

Unfortunatelly, I cannot raise a chair rail.

First reason - it would not look right - I have a soffit there and the ceiling height is about 84".

Second reason - I won't have columns and I will run fabric horizontally not vertically. I will cut 66" width in half and will use it for lower part (33").

I was thinking about putting another strip at 48" high level that will be covered by fabric from upper part of the wall, but I am afraid it will show.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Roman

·
Registered
216 Posts
Roman,

Ron ran his fabric vertically, with acoustic on lower half. You will be running your fabric the other way, but the the seam between the underlying treatments would be similar, wouldn't it? Maybe Ron can tell us about how to keep the edge line from showing through. It might not be a concern. I tried to copy a link to his hometheater page for you:

http://kaledas.homestead.com

Randy D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.