AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering building an HTPC and have been lurking around reading various FAQs and posts trying to glean as much information as possible. I want to build an HTPC mainly for purposes of video scaling and HD PVR. However there are a few integration issues I'm unsure about and was hoping for some answers.

1) Is it possible to record DBS HD content such as HBO? If so, how? Would I direct the DBS STB output to the input of an AccessDTV type of device? My assumption is that this will not be possible.

2) What kind of results should I expect scaling standard DBS broadcasts using dScaler (or equivalent) to 1080i?

Thanks in advance for any information!

Gannon

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gannonh

1) Is it possible to record DBS HD content such as HBO? If so, how? Would I direct the DBS STB output to the input of an AccessDTV type of device? My assumption is that this will not be possible.

Gannon
Yes you can but there is only one way to do it and you may not like the answer.

You need the DISH 5000+HD Modulator. You connect the output of the Modulator to the input of ADTV or the Hipix.

That's the good news.

The bad news is that this puppy has gotten really expensive.

See:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1285545902

Pop over to the recorder forum where WVHS (I recall that is the name) is often discussed as an alternative but does not have full PQ and is expensive also.

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.