AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I bought the Elemental Designs A2-300 (200 watts, 12 inch) sub a few weeks ago and it is supposed to ship tomorrow or Thurs at the latest. I decided tonight to upgrade my budget to $2000-$3000 for the fronts and center. Therefore, I am contemplating changing my order to a more expensive sub. However, I am not sure if it's necessary.

I am leaning towards Salk Song Towers for the fronts/center. Will the ED A2-300 (200 watts, 12 inch) "keep up" and sound good with the Song Towers, AV123 Rockets, Aperion 6T's, Klipsch RF63's, etc... speakers in the 2-3k price range? I have no clue what "keeping up" means in terms of subs. I admittedly have done little research on subs and have no idea how they interact with other speakers.

I could upgrade to the A3-300 or A5-350 tomorrow before it ships. Does sub quality affect strictly bass volume? or also Speed? Accuracy? Ability to blend with expensive fronts/center? I also read some people use two A2-300's in a large room, which is another option if they will "keep up" (whatever that means) with expensive speakers.

My room is 24X16 with 9 ft ceiling and lined on two sides with 6 ft high windows, open to high foyer on left and kitchen on right. I watch alot of movies/concerts/HD TV/PS3 and will also listen to music. Fav music is metal, but listen to several different styles. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts