AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Certified Audiophile ;-)
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Anyone has a quick solution to gamma correction on a HTPC with nVidia cards?

I know we have to tweak the low end of the gamma curve but I am wondering exactly what to do without spending a lot of time experimenting

Maybe someone has posted a custom curve somewhere?

BTW, I am moving toward a totally HTPC based video chain:

DVD

HD-DVD

Off the air Tuner card

Satellite TV Captured on HTPC

·
Registered
523 Posts
Hey Rajiv-

Coincidentally, I was just experimenting with this last night. I tried using Ile's curve discussed in this thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=780914

It looked very good to me, and at the least a very good place to start. Give it a shot.

-Mark

·
Registered
Certified Audiophile ;-)
2,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude,

you are up early !

Thanks, I will look into that thread. So now you have a HTPC too? I remember you were using a sat-box for upconverting.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Yeah, a lot has changed since those days. I was using a Centerstage scaler for a while, then an Xbox 360, and now I've gone HTPC. Plus I've got the Toshiba HD-A1. I like the flexibility of the HTPC, but I'm still getting used to the quirks. It seems like every time I make one small change then something else won't work.

-Mark

·
Registered
523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdude /forum/post/0

Dude,

you are up early !

Hahahaha! Have you forgotten what traffic is like in the Bay Area? I'm always up this early man.

-Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.