AVS Forum banner
  • Get an exclusive sneak peek into our new project. >>> Click Here
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

QUICK!!! Anyplace to view projectors in San Diego?

422 Views 6 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  ODL
I just found out I'll have a full day in San Diego, Ca. Tomorrow! Can anybody tell me if there are any retailers in the area where I can actually see projectors in action? Huge thanks.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
I could use the info as well. I spoke to a few local resellers in SD, and one told me that they stopped doing it because people would just end up buying their pj from the internet anyway - so they dont waste demos.

I am buying my projector at a big BM retailer that has excellent extended warranty coverage, a great return policy and fantastic carpeting.

gl
In San Diego, if you go to a Best Buy you will more than likely see the Infocus 4805 in action in their Magnolia room. In circuit city, they have the Sony HS51, the last time I looked. Look for a Tweeters, they also have some projector showrooms. The Good Guys also have projector showrooms. If there is a Fryes in San Diego they have a dozen or so different projectors on dislplay including the Mtisubishi HC3 I believe. There is a high end Stereo shop by the 5 freeway and Rosecrans, though I have forgotten the name, who carry Runco if you want to see what 10 or 20 grand will get you. Happy Hunting!
shivaji: May I ask WHICH Circuit City you saw the Sony HS51 in? I know that I have never seen a front projector at either the Vista store or the Encinitas store. I would very much like to see this projector in action.
I live up in Orange County and there is a Circuit City off of the 5 freeway and El Toro road and they have the Sony HS51 going in their projection room.

Best Regards,
Projector Solution (see link above) is located in San Clemente. Call first, and you can arrange to see many projectors in an excellent viewing room.
Quote:
Originally posted by William L Carman
shivaji: May I ask WHICH Circuit City you saw the Sony HS51 in? I know that I have never seen a front projector at either the Vista store or the Encinitas store. I would very much like to see this projector in action.
The Fry's off Aero has a working HS51. It was down for months with a blown bulb...but they've since fixed it. I was just there friday checking it out.

The room's kinda crappy with a long throw and too much lighting (the entire wall opposite the screen is glass), and the screen's a ~110ish but crappy material. Not a great example, but decent...

Quote:
Originally posted by ockevin
Projector Solution (see link above) is located in San Clemente. Call first, and you can arrange to see many projectors in an excellent viewing room.
went through their site quickly...didn't have the HS51 there. Perhaps if you call... please post the results if you do :)
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.