AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st off....yes I have Bose ACC. 15 series 2 and yes I over paid for it yadda yadda yadda. trust me, no one is as disappointed as Iam lol Had I found you guys a long time ago all would be well. Anyway, on with the so called quick question....

I have in wall Monster cable prewired and have purchased the Bose adaptor kit terminal for all speaker connections to the module. However, I havent been able to find any info whether I can use for example...Monster QuickLock Gold Flex Pin Connectors at the wall mounted speaker. Im praying I can as the Monster Cable is too thick to enter the speaker jack.

I just finished (almost) my new HT after two months of hell and need to chill over some cold beer, tequila and a decent HD flick. In other words, I NEED this shotty system set up now lol

If you can answer this or direct me to a post that can assist me it would be greatly appreciated.

FYI-

Samsung HL67A750 DLP

Yamaha HTR5640 (I think....old and need of new one)

Bose Accoust. 15 Series 2 (same as above) 6.1

Sony Bluray BDP3550

PS3

Original XBOX

and a pic of my semi final version of my HT. I will add more in the gallery section once its all completed. Thx to all that have helped me through this. Cheers!!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Something like this would work. Radio Shack also sells them. The Monoprice would be nice but you don't have the time to wait. Hit the Shack or Best Buy.

I would go with something like this in the long run for cleanliness. It just looks better than a wire coming out of the wall.

Very clean room. I would like to see it when it is 100%!

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
there is a "work around" you can also do with the bare copper strands at the speaker end of the cable. Carefully cut away strands from the outside edges in until you reduce the size of the exposed copper wire to a point it fits the speaker connectors. When you think about it, you will actually will have more copper to terminal contact this way than sticking a tiny diameter "pin" into the connector. It will look neater with the pin connector, but function no better.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_vanmeter /forum/post/16961308

there is a "work around" you can also do with the bare copper strands at the speaker end of the cable. Carefully cut away strands from the outside edges in until you reduce the size of the exposed copper wire to a point it fits the speaker connectors. When you think about it, you will actually will have more copper to terminal contact this way than sticking a tiny diameter "pin" into the connector. It will look neater with the pin connector, but function no better.

Excellent idea Martin, but even better yet, if the OP has a decent (accurate) wire stripper, he can strip the insulation at whatever AWG the wire is, then use the stripping tool to strip the wire down to the appropriate AWG he needs. It would be a lot cleaner doing so and probably a little more consistant between channels compared to doing it by hand.

Just my $0.02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts