AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my tv has a ATSC/NTSC Tuner built in, my question is this, I wont be getting my Directv HR20 HD DVR until Feb 12th, how do you use the tuners? i dont have cable can i still use them? if so do i just need a antenna?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Pretty much, yeah. Plug in an antenna, same as you would with an analog TV. I get good enough reception that I canceled my cable service completely. Now whether you'll be able to pick up anything as far as digital/hd stations is completely dependent on what kind of antenna, where you point it and where the transmitters are.

·
Registered
743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidrock9999 /forum/post/0

do you pick up High Def Locals?

Absolutely. That's all I use the antenna for. I have SD Dish network for everything else. I'm planning to upgrade to HD Dish soon, but I'll probably keep the antenna hooked up anyway, because the picture quality on my locals will still be better OTA because they won't undergo compression like HD signals over satellite or cable do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.