AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My one question before I install DVarchive is: Will it let me control my ReplayTV over the internet (e.g., from work) or just over my LAN? If the latter, is there any way besides MyReplayTV.com to control the unit remotely over the internet?

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
It has been designed as a LAN tool not a WAN tool and is a completely different animal than MyReplayTV.

DVArchive is to store shows locally on your computer and stream those shows back to your Replays as if the DVArchive machine was another ReplayTV. MyReplayTV is a scheduling tool that allows you to program your Replay to record shows from the TV.

Best,

Matthew in CO.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, thanks for the tip! After checking it out, it seems like a pretty big pain to install it though - it seems to require FOUR software packages installed that I currently don't have (Perl, SQL, web server, XMLTV). That seems excessive... Or am I missing something here?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rimanek
Cool, thanks for the tip! After checking it out, it seems like a pretty big pain to install it though - it seems to require FOUR software packages installed that I currently don't have (Perl, SQL, web server, XMLTV). That seems excessive... Or am I missing something here?
Nope you aren't missing anything. However, it is not that bad. Perl and XMLTV are easy to install and configure. For SQL, using SQLite (through its Perl DBI interface--use PPM to get it) instead of MySQL or MSSSQL will save you a lot of HD space and headache. For a web server, I recommend either Sambar or Abyss Web Server ( http://www.aprelium.com/ ).

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Quote:
is there any way besides MyReplayTV.com to control the unit remotely over the internet?
The program you are looking for can be found at this website .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.