AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back I bought a 9' x 5' white spandex screen off Ebay for $70 to try as an outdoor screen. I felt I lost too much light through it, so I went with a BOC screen. Now I have this large piece of spandex and I'm thinking of using it for rear projection in my 3 car garage for those hot or stormy nights when you can't go outdoors (the garage is air conditioned). I'm going to go with a 96" diagonal screen. Instead of buying screen tight, I was thinking of cutting a groove in the back of a 1" x 4" poplar frame and using spline material. This gives me the ability to remove the screen and wash it if needed. Any reason this won't work?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks MM. I'll be using the "Tilt/Keystone" method of correction as the projector does not have lens shift. The frame will be made with 2 - 7' legs, upper section will be the screen it self and the lower section will be covered with a solid, dark colored fabric or a painted piece of 1/4" plywood to hide projector and block excess light. Speakers and receiver are already mounted in the garage, I'll just need longer audio cables to connect dvd player to the receiver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.