AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried the old search function and downloading the manual but I am still unclear as to whether this receivers multi zone option will do what I want. I have a zone 2 wired with speakers to my back porch that I currently use the "Speaker B option" on my receiver to listen to music and such. I want to be able to play music from a different source though ie football game playing inside with 5.1 surround on and MP3's playing outside from a seperate source (either xbox with XBMC or the new Boxee box when it becomes available). It seems as though it should be able to do this but both inputs are digital (HDMI for the football and either optical or HDMI for the mp3 connectivity) and I can't tell whether this will be an problem or not. I'm sure someone else in here has set this up somewhat similar and will be able to help.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
75 Posts
While I have an older Model 92, I believe the answer will be that the Zone 2 input must be analog. When I first got the receiver I was extremly frustrated that I could not get Zone 2 to work until I very carefully read the manual!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.