AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a CSi A6, and RTi A3's. I recently had some RTi 10's up front but i sold them. Now i just did the MCACC on my pioneer Elite again, with only the A6 and A3's up front, and it set them both to large, should i change that and set them to small? Or should i set the A6 (center) to small and the A3's (bookshelf) to large?

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

P.S. I do not have a sub.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Without a sub you want as much sound from them as possible, keep them set to large. You could set the center to small if you find it not doing too well set as large, ie. some distortion, voices hard to hear, but I suspect it will be fine.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakewash /forum/post/15553323

Without a sub you want as much sound from them as possible, keep them set to large. You could set the center to small if you find it not doing too well set as large, ie. some distortion, voices hard to hear, but I suspect it will be fine.

Thanks for the help.

Eventually i'll get the hang of all this..

·
Registered
29,190 Posts
The RTiA3 and CSiA6 use the exact same drivers. Set them both to large if you have no sub. Like the above poster said you can try the center at SMALL but I doubt you'll need to do that.

Getting a sub will definitely improve your home theater.

I'm surprised the MCACC works with less than five speakers. I read you need 5 speakers in order for Audyssey to calibrate properly.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt /forum/post/15553555

The RTiA3 and CSiA6 use the exact same drivers. Set them both to large if you have no sub. Like the above poster said you can try the center at SMALL but I doubt you'll need to do that.

Getting a sub will definitely improve your home theater.

I'm surprised the MCACC works with less than five speakers. I read you need 5 speakers in order for Audyssey to calibrate properly.

Yeah it works good. Exactly the same function except without the rear speakers.

I did fine without a sub with my RTi 10's, always sounded good to me. I plan on getting some RTi A9's though, so my guess is that if i liked the 10's with no sub, i'll have no issues with the A9's without a sub.

All though one day i will get one (a sub that is). First i need to get some new Towers, then i want to get an external amp. For the amp i'm thinking either the Emotiva XPA-3 or XPA-5. Then after i recoup from buying all these things i'll probably start thinking about a sub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts