AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using a sony x950b and have finally gotten it where I want it. I have no means of testing input lag however and there seems to be very little info regarding this TV or area in particular online.

I'm trying to set up my gaming consoles and Would prefer to use FALD as that is the major defining feature of this TV after all.

I noticed the preset game mode has it turned off so I'm curious if I enable it if it's going to have an impact on my input lag. I've read both yay and nay so I figured I would turn to you guys.

Thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes game mode disables everything. I want to re enable local dimming considering that's what makes the 950b the 950b and will obviously offer better contrast.

Local dimming isn't really picture processing for one. For two I've read it makes a 1ms difference and I've also read it makes no difference.

Still with such a limited amount of Info out there regarding the aforementioned I had hoped/assumed someone had tested the difference.

Whatever it is I'm sure it won't be noticeable, still without concrete numbers knowing if it's an adequate trade off is hard to guesstimate.

Thank you for the reply!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts