AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a quick question: I've seen the Xantech 4way IR connecting block. From what I understand, it takes 1 input and distributes it to 4 outputs. Here's the question...what if I need to connect more than 4 emitters? Can I still use this block? Are there blocks with more outputs (I couldn't find any, but that doesn't mean anything...)?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Yes and Yes

You can splice the emitters in series. Some people put them in parallel.

Xantech also has a amplified connecting block with plenty of outputs.

Dave

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
David,

Thank you. Is there a limit to how many can be put in series? Will adding more take away from the power of the output or something?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
I've noticed that some equipment need a stronger IR signal than others. For the most part you can series 3 DVD,VCR, etc. without a problem. Just make sure you put the emitter right on the sensor. This is key!! I had a CD changer that wanted to be in this one exact spot or else.

Also the IR sensor CAN make a HUGE difference. So don't discount it if you run into any issues.

Dave

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
The Xantech amplified block handles 10 emitters or 20 dual emitters (the duals have one plug between them) . It will take multiple receivers as inputs and it has a daisy chain feature that allows you to connect it to another amplified block if you need more than 10 emitters. The Xantech model number is 791-44. It requires a 12 volt regulated supply (don't use an unregulated wall wart)

..Doyle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.