AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a fair asking price (used) for the following?

Martin Logan Scenario

·
Registered
664 Posts
I'd say around $1000. The Senario is essentially a shortened version of the Aerius. It uses the panel from the script and the driver from the aerius, it also loses the bi-wire if I remember correctly (correct me if I'm wrong on that part). Used Aerius typically go for $850 - $1,000 on Audiogon.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I think Audiogon, or some other audio equipment site, has a "blue book" for speakers, where you can find the fair asking price.

·
Registered
583 Posts
i want to buy Martin Logan speakers used but which are the best and worst models. I am looking to spend up to $1800. thanks. How about the ascent? better or worse than clarity model?

·
Registered
1,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhontz /forum/post/12971728

i want to buy Martin Logan speakers used but which are the best and worst models. I am looking to spend up to $1800. thanks. How about the ascent? better or worse than clarity model?

the ascent is probably a better speaker then the clarity. I would look for a set of ascenti's if possible, not the older ascent (I=improved)

However, the ascent's really could use a great amplifier while the claritys will run on a decent receiver well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts